1.1
Style and Design

Bought a franklin snuggler power recliner from slumberland just over a year ago. Was notified over 2wks ago that a chaor started on fire in the showroom and to keep the chair unplugged until notified.

We are at the point we dont want this possibly unsafe and unusable chair in our house ans want a new one. Today i called Franklin manufacturer , got a run around with 3 different people and they wouldnt let me talk to a manager. Called slumberland in Hermantown MN amd talked to the GM at corporate Ron Ambrose about the problem and how dissatisfied we are. Nobody will do anything about it except tell us to wait until they contact us back with further details which could be another 2 weeks.

Their protocol is to just keep their customers informed and do no returns or exchange for a new safe chair. Apparently neither company cares about happy customer service. Just cause franklin is looking into the problem they cant guarantee a fire could happen down the road. This should be a recall regardless.

A fire is a BIG concern. Never again will we buy a franklin piece of furniture or shop at slumberland again. Their customer service is horrible. Learn to have customer service skills and make your customer happy.

Who wants to have a possibly unsafe item in their house that could start a fire. Come on franklin amd slumberland get your act together. You can clearly see you have many unhappy customers.

Do the right thing to make us happy and safe feeling. I didnt spend over $600 on a recliner to let it sit and not be used.

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Franklin Furniture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Franklin Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Franklin Furniture to other companies on our site.

Comments

Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States #1205330

I bought an $1100 lay-z-boy recliner from the very same store (Hermantown MN Slumberland). It was a "special order" so it took 8 weeks for delivery.

Within 3 month, the particle board pieces of the frame started quite literally disintegrating. Now, 1 year after purchase this is ready for garbage pickup. Supposed to be heavy duty, but I haven't been able to work the mechanism for footrest or rocker since it was in my house for 3 months. Now one arm is falling off, leaning within 8" of the floor.

Bad store and surprisingly bad quality from lay-z-boy. Neither wants to own the problem. With Slumberland and Lay-z-boy you DON'T get what you pay for.

Wish *I* would have bought a Franklin. At least I wouldn't have spent so much on garbage.

Bellevue, Washington, United States #929830

I too just got that call about unplugging my chair (Jan 2015). Causes me a lot more difficulties than it might for some other people.

You see I bought the chair to sleep in, I no longer own a bed. I have a breathing issue, and have to sleep slightly reclined. This chair was sold to me to specifically because of the bed style inner spring.

I sleep with oxygen. Can you imagine what would have happened if that chair had caught fire while I was sleeping with pure oxygen running....

I am sleeping on my very uncomfortable hide-a-bed until I hear from Franklin or Slumberland about this.

I don't dare plug it in even just to adjust it for sleeping purposes. If there is even a spark, and my oxygen is running....

Waterloo, Iowa, United States #929263

We were just contacted today about this same issue from Slumberland, unfortunately, IF I start to get the run-a-round, I will just file a small claims against Slumberland, as I still have the voicemail from them and they WILL take it back, and I Will get my money. Simple as that.

Janesville, Wisconsin, United States #927779

I agree with this person. I got the call last night (1-7-15), been trying to call the company and not getting an answer at all.

I have the extended warranty on it also. Don't know if that will help or not.

I will never deal with Slumberland again.